Novel Gardener

Monday, January 15, 2007

Harvest Time

Last week #23

We have come full rotation and it is time to gather the fruits of our labours & reflect upon the success of the short season.

Successfully Harvested - would plant again:

Zoho
Rollyo
Bloglines
RSS
Wikis

Mixed success - may replant if conditions improve:

Audiobooks
Image generators
Blogging
flickr

Failed to thrive - will not replant:

Librarything
Delicious
tagging
Youtube

Not sure I can push the garden barrow any further, so just as well I'm finished.

General problems I found with the program conerned the very part-time nature of my position which meant I had to do all of it outside work hours, thereby grappling with very slow interent access from home. At times this made the whole procedure very frustrating.
I'm not into blogging - reading or writing - so that wasn't something I enjoyed & I'm particularly not interested in the social side of many of the sites we looked at.
I would assume that patrons who were into that type of thing would already be on that path & wouldn't need help from us.

I have used the Rollyo a couple of times & that is probably the single most useful item for me. I would also like to RSS to genealogy blogs (yes I know I don't like them but I'll make an exception here!) as an easy way to keep up with new resources etc.

Overall I have enjoyed being able to recognise jargon that others use & I feel more aware of a little of what is offerred online but I do feel that much of it is timewasting for me. I would consider doing another program but would prefer it to be shorter to cater for part-time staff.

Now, let's down our virtual tools and ....
rollyo barrow, dodge the webs, pot a few tubes, generate & tag some cuttings and search this del.icio.us garden of life for real ...

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Nice Guy said...

More Web 2.0 image generators
@ ImageGenerator.org (time to replant).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home