Novel Gardener

Monday, January 15, 2007

Tools


Week 8 #18 #19





Tools
  • If the only tool you have is a pick, all problems begin to look like rocks.
  • A bad gardener always blames his tools.
  • Gardeners have many tools, but hard work is the handle which fits them all.

I created this document with Zoho & found it all reasonably easy to identify icons etc. When it came to publishing I couldn't work out how the publish icon worked. In the end I simply toggled the html button & copied/pasted the result into the "edit html" version of this blog. Worked well but found the formatting from Zoho has continued in this blog without my wishing it to.... but would I blame my tools??? You bet!

I have just found that by using space bar in "edit html" I have been able to revert to normal font.



ZohoWordGoogle Docs
FreeExpensiveFree
Internet access anywhereConfined to original site unless copiedInternet access anywhere
Uniform version on InternetMany versions operateUniform version on Internet
Collaborative access possibleSingle user access at one timeCollaborative access possible
Can publish various waysMore limited publishing versionsCan publish various ways

I can see how Zoho or Google Docs would be really helpful to those without access to expensive commercial tools or for those who wanted to temporarily share/save/publish documents online. I don't think the value of being able to use it for blogs alone would be enough to make me use it.

Web 2.0 tools

There are not really any I would use regularly here. I already have a calendar/to do software that I like otherwise I would have considered one of these. The only area I would have been interested in is a property tool that included Australia in the same way that PropSmart covers USA. I like the blog aspect here & the ability to search so many properties on a single site. Maybe they could also add a wiki as Zillow has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home