Novel Gardener

Monday, October 16, 2006

The Lie of the land

Week 2 #4

When beginning any new project it is usually wise to begin at the (ha ha) grassroots and this is often where I "get blogged down" so to speak. I think about starting, do initial research, plan too big and then either move on to the next new thing or become overwhelmed by it all.
Sometimes I find the best way for me is to simply dive in (sorry no gardening metphor here) and start playing, solve problems on the way & reflect later.

However, this layout will suit me as it is structured, self-paced and allows for playing. The goals are easily achieved which maintains interest, and it is not overly ambitious so I won't feel swamped.

I generally don't have much problems with learning about topics if I'm motivated; the easiest part for me is playing. However I don't always follow through & I do get impatient if tools (read new technology) don't live up to expectations or aren't reliable OR aren't better than those they are replacing!

1 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Blogger Infolass said...

Look forward to reading your posts. Seems to me you are a born blogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home